Lately, after a series of events that seem to have started specifically since January 5, 2010, thoughts have been plaguing my mind about "now what?" My friend Matt and I had been dating and I was falling in love with him and I know he felt the same. I don't know if I can actually call him my boyfriend. We never got a chance to say those words. Girlfriend. Boyfriend. We talked about everything and were having a great time in the short time we were dating. My biggest regret is we decided to keep our feelings about each other to ourselves until we both were ready. He had had some rocky relationships and I had too. Howver, he passed away suddenly on January 5 having just turned 33. It kind of sent me into a tailspin of what ifs and what now. The why and asking God over and over again, why did this happen? Why did you take the person I felt comfortable with and yank him out of my life.  But anyways.

The second thing is my mother has not been officially been diagnosed with lung cancer, the doctors feel it is and because she has been a smoker for the last 40 some years she has severe emphysema which is actually her primary life threatening illness. She is declining pretty rapidly and it will not a be a year until July 16th. So I have learned within the last 6 months how fragile life is and I'm wanting to expand myself and am finding myself looking at who I am in a different way. In a way that is so unfamiliar to me.

For so many years, 8 to be exact, I went to college. I worked as a paraprofessional for 5 of those years. Then as a caregiver for the next two and then lived off of student loans for my internships. My goal for 8 years was to graduate, get a job and make money. Ok. Check. Check. Check.

Now what? I need some goals. I need something to work for. Meaning.
So, Here is my new list. Some I will do. Others not so much.
*blog-check (not sure how long this will last)
Ride in a hot air balloon
Visit Puerto Rico a whole bunch of times
Buy a business or buy a rental home
Do schoolwork in a bar (specifically Bell's Brewery) because I can
Take snorkeling lessons
Take Spanish
Have children (not looking so good)
Move to Puerto Rico? I don't know. This one is iffy. Have to figure out something.

That's a short list. But I will be adding more to it I'm sure. All I know is that it is time to take some risks and do things outside of my comfort zone.